Maha Pasana Guha
Close to Kaba Aye Pagoda is the Maha Pasana Guha (The Great Cave), an extraordinary artificial cave specifically constructed to hold the Sixth Buddhist Council (1954-1956). The cave was modeled the Satta Panni Cave in India where the First Buddhist Synod took place three months after the demise of Gautama Buddha.
The enormous cave took more than a year to construct, and can hold up to 10,000 people. Today Maha Pasana Guha is still used for large religious ceremonies, such as World Buddhist conference.
Kaba Aye Pagoda Road, Mayangone Township, just north of the Kaba Aye Pagoda.