Hang Kenh Communal House is situated in Du Hang Kenh Ward, Le Chan District, Hai Phong City. It is famous for its valuable wooden sculptures.
Hang Kenh Communal House, also referred to as Nhan Tho Communal House in Sino – Vietnamese. Built in 1717, Hang Kenh Communal House was later expanded in 1905. The main front hall, also called “dai dinh”, connects to the back part through a tiled roof bridge.
There are lots of valuable items in the communal house, of which there are 156 pieces with a dragon as the main theme. Altogether, there are 308 dragons of different shapes and sizes. The pagoda also houses a statue of Ngo Quyen and a palanquin.
Every year from the 16th – 18th of the second lunar month, ritual ceremonies, festivals, traditional games and performances of “cheo”, “tuong” and other folk songs are held at the communal house, attracting large crowds.