Hoian Walking and Cooking Class – Discover the history and flavors of Vietnam during this walking and cooking tour of Hoi An. This is a place oozing with charm, and having largely escaped the destruction of successive.
- Stroll through the atmospheric Old Town.
- See the UNESSCO World Heritage listed streets of Hoian,
- Learn the legends of the Chinese Assembly Halls.
- Take part in an authentic Vietnamese cooking class.
- Shop for ingredients at a local market.
- Feast on a banquet of your own creation.
Discover the history and flavors of Vietnam during this walking and cooking tour of Hoi An. This is a place oozing with charm, and having largely escaped the destruction of successive wars, its streets and architecture are a delight to explore. After being picked up, head straight for the Old Town ready to hit its ancient streets.
Now a UNESSCO World Heritage site, the Old Town is packed with buildings of historical and cultural significance, and boasts a number of streets that are off-limits to cars. Stroll past the many Chinese Assembly Halls, from the Cantonese Chinese Congregation with its impressive main altar, to the Hainan Chinese Congregation, which serves as a memorial to 107 merchants from Hainan Island who were mistaken for pirates and killed during the reign of Emperor Tu Duc. Stop by the Japanese Covered Bridge, which was constructed in the 1590s by the town’s Japanese community to link them with the Chinese quarters across the stream.
At the end of the walking tour, head to a family run restaurant for a cooking class. The chef will run through the range of delicious dishes that you will recreate, and then it is time to hit the local market to stock up on all the fresh produce needed to create the feast. Learn how to choose the best supplies, and discover some of the less-familiar ingredients, then head back to the restaurant ready to cook.
Pick up recipes to wow your family and friends with and discover the tricks to making some of the legendary Vietnamese dishes at home. The tour ends as you sit down to feast on all the delicious dishes you’ve created. This vacation is one of the best Vietnam Vacations. End trip organized by Far East Vacation.
- English speaking guide.
- Private transport.
- Entrance fees as indicated.
- Meal: 1 lunch or dinner.
Voucher exchange details
Please show your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
Confirmation of booking
- It is very important to please email us to confirm your pick up hotel at least 24 hours prior to departure. This confirmation helps to avoid delays in our departure.
- Dress standards are conservative, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Hanoi climate.
- Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Far East Vacation destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need