Spend a wonderful day to discover the spectacular Angkor complex containing magnificent remains of several capitals of the Khmer Empire. Highlights include Angkor Wat, Bayon Temple and “Tomb Raider” Ta Prohm with its countless sculptural decorations.
- Visit the world’s largest Hindu temple – Angkor Wat.
- Marvel at Bayon temples with its 54 towers decorated with more than 200 enigmatic smiling faces.
- Trek through Ta Prohm the jungle temple made famous in the Tomb Raider movie.
- Taste a delicious Khmer lunch.
Today, we meets and pick you up from centrally located hotels at 8.00AM by your local guide for your day tour in Siem Reap.
We start our Angkor Complex Adventure with a visit to Angkor Wat temple easily the most famous and best-preserved of all temples within the Angkor complex. We then move on to Angkor Thom visiting Bayon, with its 54 towers decorated with more than 200 enigmatic smiling faces, Phimeanakas, Baphoun, Terrace of the Elephants and the Terrace of the Leper King. We finish the morning with a stop at the very photogenic South Gate of Angkor Thom City where the gods and demons line the road leading to the gate struggling in a cosmic tug-of-war. The Gate itself is crowned with four large faces facing in the cardinal directions.
Lunch is Khmer style in a local restaurant. Regain your energy enjoying a sumptuous Khmer feast near Sras Srang, the Royal Pool of Ablutions, originally reserved for the King and his consorts. Enjoy a spread of great local food followed by a nap lazing in a hammock, or explore to see the traditional way of life and say hello to the Cambodians near here.
After lunch we continue our day tour by visiting the beautiful Ta Prohm (Tomb Raider) temple which was made famous by Angelina Jolie. Feel like one of the early explorers as you visit this temple which has been left to be reclaimed by the jungle.
If time permits finish the day climbing one of the oldest buildings in the Angkor complex, the brick pyramid-shaped temple of Pre Rup. This vacation is one of the best Cambodia Vacations. End trip organized by Far East Vacation.
- One day Angkor Archaeological Park pass.
- Transportation with air conditioning.
- English speaking local guide.
- Khmer local lunch.
Voucher exchange details
- Please show your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
Confirmation of booking
- It is very important to please email us to confirm your pick up hotel at least 24 hours prior to departure. This confirmation helps to avoid delays in our departure.
- Dress standards are conservative, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Cambodia climate.
- Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Far East Vacation destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
- Discover the highlight temples of Angkor including Angkor Wat, Bayon temples, with its 54 towers decorated with more than 200 enigmatic smiling faces, and Ta Prohm the jungle temple made famous in the Tomb Raider movie. Regain your energy enjoying a sumptuous Khmer feast near Sras Srang, the Royal Pool of Ablutions, originally reserved for the King and his consorts!
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need