Ancient Bagan is the home of more than 2000 temples and pagodas. The sacred atmosphere and silence of Bangan is almost broken when Bagan turns to night. The dark reveals the contrasting Bagan. The bustling night market is awakened, the ancient pagodas are immersed in flood- light and the weather becomes cooler. There is a different, busy Bagan by night.
• In the late afternoon, you will have a cruise along the Irrawaddy River. You will visit fishermen and riverside villages. From the river, tourists will have vantage view of the temples. Let’s enjoy in the boat, swaying gently in the breeze and fresh air of Bagan by night.
On the trip, we’ll visit the famous Shwezigon Pagoda, which is beautiful whether it’s day or night. Its beauty illuminates the entire skyline around Nyaung Oo. This temple is the most ancient pagoda, built in the 11th century by King Anawrahta, enshrining relics of Kandy in India. The beautiful Shwezigon is believed to be the most impressive, greatest monument of Old Bagan. It is sacred, revered and centre of Buddhist pilgrimages. We will then move to the Thanakha Museum, a small, interactive exhibition providing insight into the versatile woods used in Burmese cosmetics. Our tour ends at the New Palace, where night market takes place. There are many local products consisting of local foods and a wide variety of handicrafts.
On the way back to our hotel, we will have a quick look at several small pagodas of monumental architecture.
Time: 17:00 – 20:00.
- English-speaking guide.
- Transfers and excursion with private air-conditioned vehicle with driver.
- Sunset cruise.
- Water and Refreshing Towel.
- Bagan Zone Fee.
- Meals other than mentioned.
- Drinks and personal expenses.
- Any other items not mentioned.
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need