Yangon, Inle Lake
This tour will take you to Myanmar’s spectacular scenery of nature and famous holy pagodas such as the Cat Monastery and Shwedagon Pagoda. See a fascinating Inle with its unique one-leg rowing on the peaceful Inle Lake which is 900m above the sea level. This tour of Far East Vacation will leave you with best memories of Myanmar!
- See a mystical Yangon with its magnificent and sacred pagodas.
- Discover the spectacular mountainous landscapes.
- Experience adventurous trekking, hiking or open truck riding.
- Admire the famous one-leg rowing and floating gardens in Inle Lake.
- Discover local fishing village culture while enjoying the breath-taking scenery.
Upon arrival at the airport, you will be transferred to the hotel. Begin to explore this bustling former capital by visiting Chaukhtatgyi Pagoda and Karaweik Palace with the fantastic view of the Royal Lake. Admire unique architecture of Yangon with its British colonial buildings while walking from Sule Pagoda to China Town. Observe the golden sunset at Shwedagon Pagoda, the most sacred Buddhist pagoda for the Burmese.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon.
After the flight to Heho, transfer to Pinyada to visit Pindaya limestone cave – a unique site housing thousands of Buddha images. Continue to Kalaw, the highland of Shan State. Spend the rest of the day to explore this high-altitude holiday resort with cool air, calm atmosphere, leafy and green streets and hills.
Accommodation: Hotel in Kalaw.
Transfer to Inle Lake – the heart of Shan State and a major tourist attraction of Myanmar. Enjoy the boat trip to Phaungdawoo Pagoda and Ngaphechaung Monastery which is also known as “Monastery of Jumping Cats”. Travel to Nampan village to discover local silk-weaving and cigar-making.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle.
Explore the unique floating markets called the “Five Days Market” organized in different locations where you can enjoy shopping and experience local culture. Enjoy a boat ride to the temple of Indein, located on the hill overlooking the lake before transferring by flight to Yangon.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon.
Enjoy some shopping at Yangon’s Scott Market until being transferred to the airport for your flight home. Farewell to Myanmar, we hope you enjoyed your time and will be leaving this country with countless memorable stories and captivating pictures of the entire journey.
If you would like to continue visiting other destinations in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos, please feel free to contact our friendly travel consultant for further information and get a free quote.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Private tours and all services as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with air-conditioning.
- Domestic flights: Yangon – Heho, Heho – Yangon.
- English speaking guides in every destination.
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited.
- International flights.
- Other meals which do not mention in the itinerary.
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels/resorts.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.).
- Tipping for guides and drivers.
- Compulsory personal travel insurance.
- Myanmar Visa fees (contact our travel consultant for further information).
Please be aware that flight times, hotels, logistical services and days of travel are all subject to availability and modifications outside of our control. When there are cancellations or delays, Far East Vacation will make a conscientious effort to secure alternative arrangements of similar value to those in our booking agreement with the customer.
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need