- Be enchanted by the tranquility and beauty of nature of Halong Bay.
- Cruise amongst the lime karsts that tower above the way.
- Explore a cave and share a seafood feast.
Our Halong Bay excursion vacation starts with a 3 and half hour drive from the hectic pace of life in Vietnam’s capital city – Hanoi, to the tranquil and beautiful Halong Bay. On the way, we will stop off at handicraft outlet developed to provide support to communities in the area including people with disabilities.
On arrival in Halong City, we board our private boat for a cruise in Halong Bay, famous for its spectacular limestone karsts jutting out of the peaceful green waters of the bay. The views are spectacular as we cruise amongst the nearly 2000 islands that fill the bay. You will see first-hand why Halong Bay has been listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage site since 1994 and announced as one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature in 2011. Halong Bay means “Bay of the Descending Dragon” and legend has it that in ancient times, when the Vietnamese were fighting off foreign invaders, the gods sent a family of dragons to assist in the fight. During the battle, the dragons spat out jewels that would later become the islands that now are scattered around the bay.
After a welcome drink, we have a chance to enjoy a seafood lunch on board while we cruise among the breathtaking scenery… what a way to spend the day! Soak up the majestic atmosphere from the top deck and enjoy the stunning views or relax below in comfortable surroundings.
Our Halong Bay cruise takes us to explore some of the grottos or caves that have formed in many of the islands that fill Halong Bay. We also drop in on a fishing village where we learn more about the culture and customs of the local inhabitants.
In the late afternoon, we return to Hanoi by road where you have a chance to reflect on this memorable day. This vacation is one of the best Vietnam Vacations. End trip organized by Far East Vacation
- English speaking guide.
- Private transport.
- Entrance fees as indicated.
- Meal: 1 seafood lunch.
Voucher exchange details
- Please show your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
Confirmation of booking
- It is very important to please email us to confirm your pick up hotel at least 24 hours prior to departure. This confirmation helps to avoid delays in our departure.
- Dress standards are conservative, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Hanoi climate.
- Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Far East Vacation destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need