Saigon, Ben Tre
Escape the city for the lush fields and countless canals of the Mekong Delta. Cruise through the waterways, call into an island studded with tropical gardens, try local fruit.
- Explore the bustling port city of Ben Tre.
- Experience the incredibly lush beauty of the Mekong Delta.
- Cruise the Mekong River.
- Savour tropical fruit on an island.
- See how local coconut candy is made.
- Visit a honey farm deep in the delta.
- Feast on Vietnamese cuisine at a local restaurant.
- Rowing sampan along the canals under the green canopy of water coconuts trees.
Escape the city for the lush fields and countless canals of the Mekong Delta. Cruise through the waterways, call into an island studded with tropical gardens, try local fruit. Rich and fertile, this region is Vietnam’s agricultural heartland and this full-day adventure is the perfect way to discover its lush interior.
We depart Saigon for the city of Ben Tre (approximately 2 and half hours).
Leaving at 8.00AM in the morning for Mekong Delta. On arrival in Hung Vuong Pier, take a boat on Ben Tre River – one of tributaries of Mekong River, sight-seeing lively activities along river as fishing, water transferring… Stop at brickwork to see how to make bricks in handy traditional style by printing and baking. Visit one of plenty of coconut processing workshops located along canal. Turn on natural scissors creeks where they look smaller and smaller to go to village. Take a walk to family workshop making sleep mats and enjoying some fruits and tea.
Take a motor cart or cycle riding under tree shades, pass by green rice fields and vegetable plains to be able to touch on realy life and find out about tropical culture from Peasants. Lunch is at restaurant riverside.
In the afternoon, we take rowing-boat along water palm creek and boat back to Hung Vuong Pier. Late afternoon, we follow our step back in modern history we return to the chaos of Saigon. This vacation is one of the best Vietnam Vacations. End trip organized by Far East Vacation.
Voucher exchange details
- Please show your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
Confirmation of booking
- It is very important to please email us to confirm your pick up hotel at least 24 hours prior to departure. This confirmation helps to avoid delays in our departure.
- Dress standards are conservative, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Hanoi climate.
- Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Far East Vacation destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need