- Travel by local tuk tuk and boats.
- Explore an island in the Mekong.
- Try local silk weaving.
- See fishing and agriculture.
- Wander around local villages, a Buddhist pagoda and a small produce market.
- See the point where the Tonle Sap, Mekong and Tonle Basac Rivers collide.
- Sample Khmer snacks.
- Marvel at Phnompenh’s Khmer and French colonial architecture from the water.
Discover local Cambodian life on our sunset island visit and boat cruise. Mekong Island is famous for silk weaving, agriculture and aquaculture. Travel across and stop to see the silk weavers at work in the village. Discover a Buddhist temple and experience the simple life style of the local people around 85% of who earn their living from agriculture or aquaculture. Board a boat to enjoy sunset from the water at the junction of the Tonle Bassac, Tonle Sap and the mighty Mekong Rivers.
We start the tour in the afternoon (between 14.00 – 14.30PM) by local moto-remork (Cambodian tuk tuk).
This afternoon we discover local Cambodian life on our sunset island visit and boat cruise. Head out of town on the Japanese Friendship Bridge which was blown up during fighting in 1975 and reconstructed by the Japanese in 1993.
Catch a vehicle ferry across the mighty Mekong River to Mekong Island. The island is famous for silk weaving, agriculture and aquaculture. Stop to see the silk weavers at work in the village. You can purchase some of the local product if you wish. Explore a Buddhist temple and experience the simple life style of the local people around 85% of who earn their living from agriculture or aquaculture. See fields of rice, morning glory and fruit. Enjoy some local snacks and wander around the small produce market. Stop to look around the Vietnamese village and see the fishing boats, floating fish farms and the pretty Catholic Church.
Say goodbye to the tuk tuk and board a boat to enjoy sunset from the water at the junction of the Tonle Bassac, Tonle Sap and the mighty Mekong Rivers. Enjoy seeing the distinctive architecture of Cambodia where Khmer influenced buildings such as Wat Ounalom, the Royal Palace, and the Silver Pagoda meet French colonial buildings some renovated some ravaged by neglect and the war. Return to Phnom Penh where you are transferred to your hotel. This vacation is one of the best Cambodia Vacations. End trip organized by Far East Vacation.
- Entrance to Wat Phnom.
- Transport via cyclo and air conditioned vehicle.
- English speaking local guide.
- Khmer lunch and snacks.
Voucher exchange details
- Please show your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
Confirmation of booking
- It is very important to please email us to confirm your pick up hotel at least 24 hours prior to departure. This confirmation helps to avoid delays in our departure.
- Dress standards are conservative, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Cambodia climate.
- Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Far East Vacation destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need