- Jump into a cyclo to explore the heart of Phnompenh.
- Feed the monkeys at Wat Phnom.
- Explore the bustling Central and Russian markets.
- Savour the flavours of Khmer snacks and lunch.
- Admire the historical architecture of Phnompenh.
Discover Phnompenh’s past by seeing some of the classic buildings of the Khmer Rouge era. Learn about the tragic and fascinating recent history of Cambodia, walk through the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and visit the bone pagoda memorial at Choueng Ek. Finish by sampling some interesting and delicious Khmer snacks
You will be picked up from centrally located hotels in the morning. The day starts by learning about the tragic and fascinating recent history of Cambodia. See the location where journalists camped out in 1975 on the eve of the Khmer Rouge takeover, and the ghostly building that has been left burnt-out and bullet-holed as it stood after the war.
Confront Cambodia’s tragic past, on a guided tour of the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum, a former school which served as a Khmer Rouge torture centre. Then head out of the city to the Choueng Ek Memorial, where a pagoda made up of some 8,000 human skulls marks the site of one of the infamous Killing Fields.
Finish by sampling some interesting Khmer snacks and exploring how this recent history and politics continue to affect the lives of average Cambodians. This vacation is one of the best Cambodia Vacations. End trip organized by Far East Vacation.
- Entrance fees to Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and Choueng Ek Killing Field.
- English speaking guide.
- Private transport with air conditioning.
Voucher exchange details
- Please show your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
Confirmation of booking
- It is very important to please email us to confirm your pick up hotel at least 24 hours prior to departure. This confirmation helps to avoid delays in our departure.
- Dress standards are conservative, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Cambodia climate.
- Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Far East Vacation destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need