- Experience the authentic Saigon.
- Explore ancient pagodas and beautiful colonial architecture.
- Wander the lively streets of Chinatown.
- Dive into noisy markets to strike bargains with the locals.
- Feast on delicious traditional food.
- See American war relics at the War Remnants Museum.
This mesmerizing vacation gives you a fun and fascinating insight into the history, culture and the daily life of the locals in Saigon.
We start our tour by heading to Chinatown with a walking tour through the fascinating back streets near Cho Lon. This area is one of the busiest commercial districts of Saigon and its atmospheric streets are home to some of the city’s most interesting sites.
Our local guide takes you for a visit to Thien Hau temple, which was built in the early 19th Century and dedicated to the goddess of seafarers. We delve deeper into Chinatown visiting the amazing Cho Lon and Binh Tay Markets which are full of energy and dazzling array of goods. You can stop at a local café for a coffee (not included) to watch the hectic pace of life pass by in Saigon.
Following our market visit, we will have a traditional local Vietnamese lunch, “Pho” or noodle soup.
After our delicious lunch, we visit the War Remnants Museum, take a walking tour to Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, Saigon Central Post Office, Opera House and downtown Saigon. The War Remnants Museum was originally opened in September 1975, it displays old military equipment and other related items from the Vietnam War. In the courtyard we will find some larger exhibits including a F5A fighter and a UH1-Huey helicopter. The Reunification Palace, formerly known as the Presidential Palace was the sight of South Vietnam’s surrender in April 1975. Notre Dame Cathedral, aigon Central Post Office and the Opera House are beautiful examples of architecture from the French colonial period.
At the end of the vacation you are free to continue exploring the area or your guide will assist you back to your hotel. End trip organized by Far East Vacation.
Voucher exchange details
- Please show your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
Confirmation of booking
- It is very important to please email us to confirm your pick up hotel at least 24 hours prior to departure. This confirmation helps to avoid delays in our departure.
- Dress standards are conservative, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Hanoi climate.
- Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Far East Vacation destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need