Pamper yourself on the Au Co Cruise. In addition the usual Halong Bay adventures, you will also have time to relax in the onboard spa or enjoy a relaxing massage or do some Tai Chi. This cruise will take you to Cat Ba Island where you can enjoy a leisurely bike ride through the town or trek through the rainforest of the National Park. For the very adventurous, you can enjoy kayaking in the hidden lagoons of Lan Ha Bay. Or you can stay simply stay on board, relax and enjoy fine cuisine and wines and relax. This vacation is one of the best Vietnam Vacations.
- Accommodation in a deluxe suite while cruising among the thousands of limestone islands in Halong Bay.
- Visit the most beautiful cave in the Bay, Sung Sot (Surprise) Cave, and Vung Vieng floating fishing village.
- Trekking or biking on Cat Ba Island.
- Fusion lunches and dinners.
The first day of your cruise is an introduction to the amazing scenery of Halong Bay and its southern sister, Lan Ha Bay. Cruising through Halong Bay will literally take your breath away, as we pass famous spots like Thien Cung and Me Cung caves, plus Soi Sim and Titov islands. Also located in the Gulf of Tonkin, to the south of Halong Bay, Lan Ha Bay, Ba Trai Dao and the Ho Ba Ham islets offer tranquility and nature at its best, and a guided kayaking tour or a refreshing swim in the Bay’s emerald waters are two of the best ways to enjoy them.
Meal: Lunch, Dinner.
Accommodation: Overnight on Board Junk.
Cat Ba Island is famous for its national park, with more than half the island designated. This island, far and away the largest in the Gulf of Tonkin, is covered by a dense rainforest home to numerous indigenous species of flora and fauna. The secluded village of Viet Hai, situated in the middle of this pristine environment, is easily accessible thanks to a short walk or cycling trip and is where we are developing an organic farm which you can visit.
Bai Tu Long Bay, located a little further east of Halong Bay, is the most remote area of your voyage. The exceptional scale and variety of the geological rock formations in this area are sure to make this a future destination for cruising in the Gulf of Tonkin. A relaxing rowing boat tour through the floating village of Vung Vieng and cruising into the geological park of this bay will definitely be delightful moments for you to remember.
Meal: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner.
Accommodation: Overnight on Board Junk.
Halong Bay, designated a UNESCO world heritage site for its limestone rock formations, is home to about 2,000 isles and islets of different shapes and sizes, creating a truly breathtaking seascape. At its heart is the highest concentration of limestone rocks in the area and caves and grottoes abound. One of the most beautiful is the Sung Sot (Surprise) Cave. Exceptional because of its size and the shapes which have been created by millions of years of erosion, the Surprise Cave is not to be missed. End trip organized by Far East Vacation.
- Welcome cocktail, entrance fees and sightseeing fees.
- Accommodation in luxury air-conditioned en-suite cabin.
- 02 Lunches, 02 Dinners & 02 Breakfasts.
- Cycling on Cat Ba Island.
- Regular tea, coffee, and drinking water during the cruise.
- Kayak and snorkeling equipment.
- 01 bottle of house wine / cabin / stay.
- 01 bottle of champagne / suite / stay.
- Flower & fruit basket / suite / stay.
- Onboard insurance, taxes and service charges.
- Cruise schedules are subjected to change without prior notice.
- Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, passport number, visa expiry date for all passengers.
- A valid passport is required upon check-in on board.
- The Gulf of Tonkin is the perfect place to experience a wide range of activities, from biking to kayaking, from swimming to squid fishing. Whichever you choose you will do so surrounded by some of the most dramatic and exciting scenery, heightening your sense of adventure.
- This is not only a healthy sporting activity but also one of the best and easiest ways to explore the magnificent caves, lagoons and World Heritage sights of Halong Bay; as well as the more unspoilt, neighbouring bays of Lan Ha and Bai Tu Long. Famous for its thousands of islands and islets spread throughout the wide bays, our small kayaks for 1-2 (and even 3) people are not only easy to control and great exercise but also offer a fresh and interesting perspective on the delightful scenery surrounding you.
Biking on Cat Ba Island
- Taking a leisurely bike ride through the scenic landscape of Cat Ba National Park is one of the best ways to enjoy the beauty of this wonderful island. Cat Ba is the largest island in the Gulf of Tonkin. Indeed, the Lonely Planet described Cat Ba as being ‘rugged, craggy and jungle-clad, it is straight out of Jurassic Park’.
Swimming and snorkelling
- ‘Really nice and refreshing’ is how passengers often describe wallowing in the placid waters of Halong Bay, Lan Ha Bay and Bai Tu Long Bay. Indeed, this is an experience not to be missed. Whether you choose to swim or snorkel, The Au Co staff are always on hand to ensure your safety and make sure you have an enjoyable time in the cool, dark waters of the Gulf of Tonkin.
- Sleepless in Halong? We have the cure! As night falls, The Au Co’s staff will hand out fishing rods and guide you in this interesting pastime, which could easily occupy an entire evening. Be patient, focus, and soon, with a flick of the wrist, you can celebrate your very first catch! And of course, your ‘reward’ is to see the fruits of your labour turned into one of many inspired dishes by The Au Co’s team of chefs.
- Free of charge for one child below the age of 6 years traveling with two adults. Extra child below 6 is charged at US$ 120 / child/ stay. Part A cannot guarantee the availability of a cot.
- Children from 6 to 12 years of age sharing a cabin with two adults on one bed are charged at US $ 180 / child / stay, limited to one child per cabin only.
- Two children below 12 years sharing a private cabin are charged at 75% of the full cabin rate. Child from the age of 13 must occupy a separate cabin and pay the full cabin rate.
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need