- Travel by remork (Cambodian tuk tuk) and local boat.
- Visit a floating and stilted fishing village on the Tonle Sap Lake.
- See seasonal Cambodian agriculture and aquaculture activities such as a duck farm prahoc (Cambodian fish paste) making, lotus and cricket harvesting.
- Explore a local village and Buddhist Monastery.
Discover the secrets of Siem Reap by remork, enjoy a local boat trip, see a floating village, and take the back-roads back to town. See seasonal agricultural activities like cricket catching, rice planting and harvesting, smoking fish, fish paste, and duck farming. Discover a local village, enjoy Khmer snacks and visit a Buddhist monastery.
Discover the secrets of Siem Reap as you explore by remork (Cambodian tuk tuk) on a half day tour in Siem Reap. Leaving Siem Reap we travel through the countryside to Tonle Sap Lake.
The Tonle Sap one of the world’s most productive bodies of fresh water. In the wet season, the Tonle Sap Lake swells to 12,000 km². During the dry half of the year, the lake shrinks to as small as 2500 km², draining into the Tonle Sap River. Each year, millions of fish come to spawn in the seasonally flooded forest surrounding the lake, attracting a myriad of water birds as well as people, who have settled in villages along the shores and who live with the rhythm of the water. This ecosystem was classified as a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 1997.
Take a boat trip around the lake to see floating villages and get a taste for life ruled by monsoonal rains and water-based agriculture. Afterwards jump back on the remork to return to Siem Reap.
Take the back roads back to town on this half day tour in Siem Reap and witness seasonal agricultural activities like cricket catching, rice planting and harvesting, smoking fish, fish paste, duck farming. Stop at a local village to pick up Khmer snacks and explore. Visit a Buddhist monastery before heading home. This vacation is one of the best Cambodia Vacations. End trip organized by Far East Vacation.
Voucher exchange details
- Please show your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
Confirmation of booking
- It is very important to please email us to confirm your pick up hotel at least 24 hours prior to departure. This confirmation helps to avoid delays in our departure.
- Dress standards are conservative, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Cambodia climate.
- Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Far East Vacation destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need