- Stroll through the atmospheric Tra Que vegetable Village
- See and try how good Vietnamese is with “Banh xeo”
- Learn the processing of vegetable making
- Shop for ingredients at a local market
Tra Que is a charming little village on the edge of Hoian, the village is named after the sweet scented vegetables that spice up the everyday meals of the Pho Hoi people. Here a new spirit for traditional Hoian dishes like Cao Lau, Quang noodles, enjoy cooking class served by host with the local “Tam Huu” spring roll which were primarily made from Tra Que vegetables and cake with meat (Banh xeo) has been enlivened.
Experience a day of living and working with the local people in the Tra Que vegetable village in which you will have a change to discover the daily life of farmers.
Our expert local guide will see you at your hotel with your bicycle. You will cycle to a local farm in Tra Que village.
A short stroll will take you around the vegetable garden and then you can join the farmers in preparing the land and fertilizing it with seaweed from the local lake. Following steps are raking the ground, sowing, watering, and picking vegetables and many other gardening activities. After all these activities, you will take a short rest and enjoy foot bath before getting to preparing lunch with a local family. Your lunch will consist of many local delicacies including “tam huu” spring roll, Banh xeo or local pancake of people in Vietnam middle region. You can join the cooking with the chef on these meals. After your morning excursions, you will take a Vietnamese traditional post-prandial nap before learning how to harvest and wrap the vegetables.
Around 14.00: bid farewell to your host family before riding back to Hoian, on the way back we will stop at Japanese tomb. This vacation is one of the best Vietnam Vacations. End trip organized by Far East Vacation.
- English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees as indicated.
- Farming tools.
- Tam Huu dishes demonstration, VAT.
Voucher exchange details
Please show your voucher to the local guide at the beginning of the tour.
Confirmation of booking
- It is very important to please email us to confirm your pick up hotel at least 24 hours prior to departure. This confirmation helps to avoid delays in our departure.
- Dress standards are conservative, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Hanoi climate.
- Children must be between 6 and 11 years of age inclusive.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local guides and drivers a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry across many Far East Vacation destinations. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need