Yangon, Golden Rock
This tour brings you to all highlighted attractions in Yangon and nearby famous cities. Not only including spectacular natural sightseeing, the tour also takes you to numerous magnificent pagodas and huge Buddha images such as Shwedagon, Golden Rock and Shwethalyaung. This tour with Far East Vacation guarantees to leave you with fantastic moments and unforgettable memories of Myanmar!
- See a mystical Yangon with its magnificent and sacred pagodas.
- Admire the “gravity defying” Golden Rock and enjoy the beautiful sunset on top of Mt Kyaikhtiyo.
- Discover the spectacular mountainous landscapes.
- Experience adventurous trekking, hiking or open truck riding.
Upon arrival at the airport, you will be welcomed and transferred to the hotel. Start to explore this bustling former capital by visiting Chaukhtatgyi Pagoda and Karaweik Palace with the fantastic view of the Royal Lake. Admire unique architecture of Yangon with its British colonial buildings while walking from Sule Pagoda to China Town. Observe the golden sunset at Shwedagon Pagoda, the most sacred Buddhist pagoda for the Burmese.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon.
Enjoy an open truck ride or hike through the peaceful bamboo forests to reach the Golden Rock on the top of Mount Kyaikhtiyo, the third most important pilgrimage after Shwedagon Pagoda and Mahamuni Pagoda. Observe the breath-taking view of sunset on top of the mountain.
Accommodation: Hotel in Kyaikhtiyo.
Enjoy a short trek to Kyeekanpasat (Mouth of Crow) with the opportunity to purchase rare local fruits. Continue to Bago, an ancient capital dating back to the 6th century, to explore Kanbawzathadi Palace built by King Bayint Naung in 1551. Discover the sacred ordination hall Maha Kalyani Sima and the beautiful 55 meter long reclining Buddha called Shwethalyaung before returning to Yangon.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon.
Enjoy some shopping at Yangon’s Scott Market until being transferred to the airport for your flight home. Farewell to Myanmar, we hope you enjoyed your time and will be leaving this country with countless memorable stories and captivating pictures of the entire journey.
If you would like to continue visiting other destinations in Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, please feel free to contact our friendly travel consultant for further information and get a free quote.
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Private tours and all services as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with air-conditioning.
- English speaking guides in every destination.
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited.
- International flights
- Other meals which do not mention in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels/resorts.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tipping for guides and drivers
- Compulsory personal travel insurance
- Myanmar Visa fees (contact our travel consultant for further information)
Please be aware that flight times, hotels, logistical services and days of travel are all subject to availability and modifications outside of our control. When there are cancellations or delays, Far East Vacation will make a conscientious effort to secure alternative arrangements of similar value to those in our booking agreement with the customer.
GET IN TOUCH
Talk to one of our Travel Experts to learn more about this itinerary and get all the answers you need